Honey Maid's groundbreaking “This is Wholesome” campaign acknowledged the diverse fabric of America’s nuclear families and showcased how acceptance can foster love and friendship.
For our contribution to this campaign, we focused on a place where hatred and bigotry run rampant: the Internet. Leveraging the insight from the “Mere Exposure Effect” (a psychological phenomenon by which people tend to develop a preference for things merely because they are familiar with them), we set out to make the Internet a more tolerant and “wholesome” place.
We created The Wholesome Button, an easy-to-add browser plug-in that allows users to replace negative images and headlines on any website with content celebrating love, heartwarming family connections and acceptance.
The award-winning campaign has been honored with many accolades, including:
- Winner of Chicago American Advertising Awards Best in Category: Online/Interactive
- Winner of The Shorty Social Good Awards – Food & Beverage
- Finalist of The Shorty Awards - Creative Use of Technology
- Finalist of SABRE Awards North America - Word of Mouth
- Shortlist of The One Show - Interactive (Websites)
- Silver of Chicago American Advertising Awards for Websites (consumer) and Innovative Use of Interactive/Technology